Monday, October 13, 2008

I Am Not My Hair

On Monday, the 2008th year AD (anno domini), the 11th day PLP (praeter LP), the mohawk is gone. And it had to be done away with for a number of reasons. But mostly, it was becoming a burden. People who see me frequently, but don't know me very well, began to associate me with my mohawk and nothing else. And if there is one thing I want to avoid becoming during this life, it's a mohawk with legs. Or a certified public accountant.

So last weekend was my mohawk's last hurrah and I decided to take a little trip to Dupont Circle so it could get some attention from the strange coupley gays that hover around Dupont Circle Saturday mornings while the normal gays are still terribly hung over from the night before. On the way there, somebody on the metro, who looked quite metro himself, kept staring at me. Obviously, I started freaking out because I was wearing my woot shirt again and maybe this was a reader who recognized me. But I was with a friend so it's not like I could run down the metro car screaming at the top of my lungs and beating my chest like I wanted to. So I had my meltdown quietly on the inside and the guy who kept staring at me got off at Fort Totten. If you are that guy reading this entry, hello.

While I was in Dupont, I did get a compliment on my hair. Which is better than getting one for your shoes. But worse than getting one for your face. And now that the mohawk is gone, I suspect I won't be getting any compliments for anything in the near future. But that's ok with me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not the mohawk, it's DC. Mohawks are sweet. DC is not unfortunately .

A political topic only reaches DC when it's nearing 50%, hence the DC mind set.

Rox said...

Compliments are overrated anyways.

Unknown said...

Mohawks can look hot on some folks, not on others. It all depends on the person's overall sense of style.

And Dupont Circle on an early Saturday morning can be sort of dead. The usual cute / single boys don't really come out until the mid-afternoon.

Random Thinker said...

Most of my meltdowns are also quietly on the inside...

and i can tell, you are definitely not a mohawk who blogs...

dccised said...

mike: good thing i live outside city lines.

x!: too bad i feed off of them.

u street: that is when i'll set my traps next time.

thinker: thankya.

Joshua said...

Hahaha mohawk with legs...hahaha.

So did you shave it all off?

dccised said...

joshua: oh i had no choice. but i am living in regret.