Sunday, August 3, 2008

Number One


Figure 1 : Rafael Nadal and Fernando Verdasco. Awwwww.

When the new rankings come out tomorrow, Rafael Nadal will be number one. I am overcome with joy because I'm living my dreams of being a tennis professional through him. Also, I am quite glad Roger Federer's reign is over. Never really liked him anyway.

In my opinion, Nadal was always the best player on the tour. He's got so much tenacity and drive. The explosive way he plays makes men's tennis actually bearable to watch. (Normally I find it kind of boring.) His cute face and huge arms help too.
Federer may have more talent and finesse, but it never seems like he is trying that hard. He just moseys around the court with a matter-of-fact attitude. So hooray for Nadal! He definitely deserves this.

Now I'm just waiting for Venus Williams to take over the number one spot on the women's side. Ok, she kind of sucks everywhere except Wimbledon. But I don't think anybody can beat her when she is at her best. Except, of course, her little sister. I also believe that everyone in the top ten other than the Williams sisters are extremely over-ranked (but I guess that happens when each slam goes to a different girl). I also also believe that the Williams are the only two people on the women's side with personality. Sure Ana and Maria are beautiful, but they seem kind of dead on the inside. I wonder why I don't relate.

5 comments:

D. said...

i first laid my eyes on nadal in my tennis magazine back in 2005?

it was a double page blown up of him serving or something, and his shirt was lifted up. yummo

and his arms. omimgawd!!

Steevo said...

...you go, davey boi!

hot pic indeed.

steevo in cali
.
.
.

D. said...

BTW is it just me and my perved imagination, or is nadal receiving some hand lovin'.....

dccised said...

i can't believe i didn't notice that. i have to go die now.

Steevo said...

no need 2 die! just get the lube and see how well u can envision such joy!

steevo in cali
.
.
.