Sunday, November 30, 2008

Debauchery, Cupcakery

On Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the Lifetime channel, which airs the Fantasia Barrino Story and Akeelah and The Bee in rapid succession. I am thankful for the water that is spilled on my laptop, a laptop which is currently being fixed by Friend G (oh the irony). I am thankful that the turkey didn't come out dry.

I spend the next two days meeting up with high school friends. On Friday I watch Australia, which turns out to be Out of Africa - Africa + Australia - Meryl Streep + Nicole Kidman - Substance + Hugh Jackman. Don't get me wrong, it was a very feel-good, picturesque movie. But at times it was too predictable. You could kind of tell that before starting the movie, the director was like, "OK guys, we're gonna make the most beautiful movie ever." They tried a little too hard.

Afterwards. at the Cheesecake Factory in White Flint, I mention my blog to Friend D. This turns out to be a major tactical mistake because now she is dedicated to finding my "secret blog." I suppose I don't have anything to worry about because her strategy so far has been to google various combinations of [my name] and [blog] and [secret]. But if she does succeed, hello. You now know more about me than any other person in the entire world.

On Saturday, it doesn't feel like any day of the week. I am so far removed from my normal schedule that I have lost all concept of time and space and proper dinnertime etiquette. So I go to Georgetown with two of my friends and we eat DESSERT FIRST at Georgetown Cupcake (aka the Cupcakery). You can spank me now.


Figure 1: I'm a rebel.

5 comments:

Aek said...

Mmmm, cupcakes . . .

Charlie Conway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Random Thinker said...

and which of the many cupcakes did you partake of?

did you know that G'town Cupcakes won the Washington Post cupcake war?

I was there in late september, blogged about it here...

http://myveryrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/10/happiness-in-palm-of-your-hand.html

still can taste the yummy pumpkin spice!

dickophile said...

hmm. i dont know if i want to spank you. would you enjoy it? is it supposed to be more fun for me if you enjoy it or more fun if you dont enjoy it? i like it when my boyfriend spanks me.

Unknown said...

mmmm....would love to spank you ;-)

Hope you had a good Turkey Day.